Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Quickie C.R.A.P.

Part of the reason that I haven't been posting so often is because I start one project and then get ideas for a million more.  So, I have a little bit of everything laying around...you know painted deer racks, 60's doggie cookie jar, vintage Kleenex box cover, cabinet doors. You get the point right. 

I thought I'd give a little look at some of the only quickie C.R.A.P that I've completed.


This is a 6x6 gallery wrapped canvas. The front is a piece of scrap paper.  I used a chip board "O" and stamped a print overlay.  On the side, that you can't see well, I used a stencil and modeling paste to give a raised texture.  The modeling paste I used already had a mustard color to it. 


Another 6x6 canvas...actually I got a 4 pack on sale for $14.99.  Not a bad deal.  I used an entire piece of paper to wrap this one, then stamped in 2 different colors. I used blue ink to distress or play up the creases. I cut up a felt coaster that I got out of the $1 bin at Michael's last year.  It's the yellow piece in the bottom left corner.  On top of that, I layered a pendant out the clearance jewelry bin.  Are we sensing a theme here??  I hate full price!  Personally, I feel much more accomplished if I can make $1 bin stuff look good.



Last but not least, a collection of small C.R.A.P.  All three of these are small boxes. The back right was simply painted and then I put a fun sock monkey print on the lid.  The back left is layers upon layers of paper.  We'll call her "Owlina" and she can be" Owliver's" cute lady friend.  The box is my favorite shade of green.  I put one layer of a leaf paper on the lid and cut an owl pattern out of different patterned paper.  The last application consists of small cut out flowers.  I aged the edges of all the cutouts to give them more dimension.  The front item is an eye glass holder.  Another amazing $1 bin find.  It has a flexible veneer top.  All I did to this was spruce it up with paint and some stamping.

The lesson here?? Keep the C.R.A.P. small and maybe I'll finish it in a timely manner.



2 comments: