Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Toddler Tornado

These are the days I will tell my friends who don't have kids to invest in some good birth control.  On most days you have the one bad toddler moment and then you move on.  Today was one of those "Toddler Tornado" days.  I didn't hear any warning sirens or see any flashing notices on the tv, but I definitely should have hidden in the bathtub until it passed.

The Saturday morning wake up was what kicked it off into full gear.  No chance of anyone going back to sleep.  Then, the "I want cake-cake (pan cake) no I want waffle.....I want toast" war started.  I thought I smoothed things over by giving him a little bit of everything and moving on.  The big fall came before 7:30 am. I'm not even sure what happened.  But, I turned around and there was an immediate bruise under his right eye.  GREAT! It looks like someone got involved in a little east side, west side rivalry.

But wait there's more!!! Not even 10 minutes later I hear silence.... this is where you in vision the slow motion run and me saying "NOOOOOOO".  Too late, he's standing in the kitchen holding an egg shell. "I eat EGG!" Did I mention I made myself some eggs earlier in this story? Apparently the little monster was taking notes.  He had dropped the remaining eggs on the floor, but had managed to crack 2 open.  2 perfect yolks were intact.

I think this ranks as a T4 at least.  The clean up wasn't to excessive but other that a near black eye no one was injured.  In order to survive the rest of the day we had to make a trip to Home Depot and look at the "tractors" and for mommy to buy some paint.  Now I am praying that the hour in the pool earlier will help him sleep until 7 am at least.

1 comment: