Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 15, 2012

LINEN CABINET

I small step for the family one giant leap for me.  I have professed before that I am the queen of starting projects, and finishing them at a snails pace.  The bathroom is going though changes still.  My latest accomplishment includes creating a linen cabinet, over the john storage, and new light fixture.

A lifetime ago I worked for  Expo Design Center.  I was a kitchen and bath designer for them for a couple of years.  Expo had an entire decorative area and sold a lot of pieces...way over priced.  A friend and I would hope and wait for items to clearance out and try and get a deal, because, well we didn't get an employee discount.  Thank you Home Depot.  While my friend famously picked up a bidet for a couple of dollars, I picked up a couple of pieces of furniture.


I have 2 of the above map tables.  They are about 24" high and 18" deep.  For the last 6 years we have used them as night stands.  During our bathroom redo I decided to change them into a linen cabinet.  I leave the price tag on it still so I remember what kind of deal I got on them.

Original price $299 marked down to $127.77, I got them for $60 a piece. Umm... there not in business anymore....sidenote.

I know my before and after pictures are crap.  But, at least I remembered pictures at all.


Painted the entire thing black.  Then I used a quarterfoil stencil with metallic paint.  Also, I changed out the hardware.


I took the bun feet off of one of the tables and stacked it on top of the other.  It ended up being extremely sturdy.  It kind of looks like luggage to me.

All of our medicines, lotions, that kind of thing are in the top and towels are in the lower one.  Sooooo much better than having the towels on a shelf over the toilet.

One of my better ideas, but wait until you see the other things I've done in here.  

2 comments:

  1. Damn it, I need something like this. And I will use that bidet some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about a planter? We could mosaic the outside so it would throw people off a bid. It could go right next to the weeping willow.

      Delete