Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

GLASS CABINET DOOR INTO WIPE BOARD

I'm attempting to work faster as I have a deadline and need inventory.  In the next couple weeks I will have a space in a local store in downtown McKinney.  This is one of my favorites and pretty easy too.

Picked up a cabinet door with glass and mullions for $5 bucks at the habitat for humanity store.  This is what it looked like before..... well minus the blue painters tape of course.

Took off the hinges and cabinet hardware.  Sanded and spray painted the wood green that was supposed to be high gloss. 

Problem #1 Spray painted outside HOT!!!
Problem #2 70 lb gentle giant jumped directly on top of fresh paint
Problem #3 no more high gloss look

SOLUTION SETTLEMENT: take some sand paper to it and distress it.

Next step, I used some scrapbook paper and put it on the back of the door.  I wanted to have a print that was kind of classic.


I wasn't going to add any hardware, but...... there were already 2 holes drilled for the original handle.  I covered them at first but then found these tiny knobs in my junk drawer.


Here it is up on the wall.  The knobs worked out great for keys and dog leashes.  

HEY YOU!!! DON'T FORGET THE DRY CLEANING!!


1 comment: