Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ukulele repurpose

Does it seem like I start every post with "Finally I finished...."  Well there's a reason.  It takes me forever to finish a project.  Working full time and having a 2 year old running around makes my timeline draaaagggg.

Anyway, my husband brought this ukulele  home from his grandad's house a couple years ago hoping I'd do something with it.  It sat gathering dust until finally I got inspired to do something with it.  A couple months ago I took an old white matte and added strips of scrapbook paper to change it. ( The reason I tell you this will make sense soon)


This is how the matte turned out.... with the most handsome young man. 

So here's ye ole' Eukele.

I used the same strips of paper to the Eukele.  Then added some cutout flowers and aged the edges with ink.  I slapped a clear coat on the entire thing and waited for it to dry. 

I had purchased some decorative knobs that I glued on....and in one case drilled throught the wood to actually install. Then, I had to wait for my husband, the musician, to put strings on it. 

For the life of me, I couldn't get a good picture of the final product.  But, I've got some close ups that might be better.  So, the cabinet knobs are for necklaces to hang on.  On the strings, I hung earrings and magnetic pendants.

It was a bitch to hang and get level but in the end I think it turned out pretty cool.

2 comments: